2017 Annual Fund
Dear LA Premier Water Polo Club Family:
Happy Holidays! With 2017 coming to a close, we have a chance to look back on all we have accomplished this past year. We are so proud of our athletes and so thankful for the water polo family we are all a part of.
A few of Premier’s highlights from this past year:
Our Premier 2017 Graduates
- *Felix Brozyna-Vilim – University of California, Los Angeles
- *Luke Henriksson – University of California, Los Angeles
- *Evan Rosenfeld – University of California, Los Angeles
- Alec Mendelsohn – Princeton University
- Jordan Friedman – American University
- Patrick Egan – University of Chicago
- Taner Vickery – St. Andrew’s University
- Connor McCreery – Tulane University
- Spencer Towill – University of California, Davis
- Simon Weisberg – Colgate University
- Paige Thompson – Princeton University
- Camille Oswald – Villanova University
- Sofia Feldmar – University of California, Berkeley
- Isabel Wiesenthal – Pomona College
*2017 NCAA Champions
High School Program
- 18/16 & Under Boys
- Nolan Krutonog ’20, George Avakian ’20 and Nico Tierney ‘20 started for United States team that won the Darko Cukic Memorial Tournament
- Finished 1st in Ironman 16&U Super Finals
- Finished 1st in Ironman 16&U Regular Season
- Finished 1st in 16&U United States Club Championships
- Alexandru Bucur ’19 Most Valuable Player of United States Club Championships
- Ryan Neapole ‘19 and Pierce Maloney Co-MVP of Ironman Super Finals
- 18/16 & Under Girls
- Qualified and competed in the 2017 National Junior Olympics for the first time in club history
- 2017 2nd Place finish at Kap7 Back-to-School Festival
- 1 Athlete named as alternate to the 2017-18 ODP Zone Team
- 1 Athlete named to the 2016-17 ODP Zone Team
Age Group Program
- 14 & Under Boys and Girls
- 2017 CCA Zone Runner Up
- 1 Athletes named to the 2017 National Team Selection Camp
- Recently qualified and competed in Turbo Cup in Hawaii
- 5 Athletes named to the 2017-2018 ODP Zone Team
- 12 & Under Boys and Girls
- 2017 4th place finish at Junior Olympic Regionals 12&U Boys
- Finished 7th at the 2017 Junior Olympics 12&U Boys
- 1st Place at the Evan Cousineau Cup 12&U Girls
- 2nd Place at the CCA League Championships 12&U Girls
- 3rd Place at eh Ventura County Tuneup Cup 12&U girls
- 10&Under Boys and Girls
- Qualified and participated in 2017 Junior Olympics
None of these accomplishments would have been possible without all of your support. We are so grateful for the culture you have allowed us to create, and for the faith you have shown in our coaches, athletes and programs.
All of this opportunity does not come without significant expense. The fees that families pay to the club do not cover the entire cost of providing these opportunities to our children. The cost to provide both the caliber of coaching and the expense of our pool time are considerable. We are asking that you join the Board of Trustees in contributing to the LA Premier Water Polo Club’s Annual Fund.
Your generosity enables us to provide the following:
Scholarships – We do not want financial constraints to ever be a reason not to pursue water polo or not to be a member of the Premier family. We are dedicated to providing the same opportunities to players and families of all economic backgrounds.
Coaches – A big reason for our success is the quality of coaching we have been able to provide. All of our coaches are accomplished, dedicated, and consistent. They provide and share innovative ideas and skills from their various backgrounds to create a logical, consistent plan for each player’s short-term and long-term development.
Pool Time and Resources – We want to ensure that we continue to have access to one of the finest facilities in the country, equipped with everything a team would need to make training efficient, fun, and effective.
Club Expansion – We are always looking to grow our age group program in a way that is consistent with the quality our club promises and that will improve the club experience for everyone.
Our goal is to continue to foster an environment that allows each athlete to grow into their potential as an athlete and more importantly, as young adults.
With that in mind, please consider a gift to the Club. Thank you for your support of the LA Premier Water Polo Club! Go Premier!!
Donate NOW using the PayPal link below.
If you prefer, you can write a check payable to Premier Water Polo Club and mail to:
LA Premier Water Polo Club
c/o Dawn Barrett
3453 Consuelo Drive
Calabasas, CA 91302
Thank you for your continued support of the Los Angeles Premier Water Polo Club!